Secure your accommodation today
Rooms are filling fast.
Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland and has held the status of a capital city, at least as far back as the 15th century. It is the second-most-populous city in Scotland and the seventh most populous in the United Kingdom. In this metropolis, you will find people from all over the world who have travelled here in search of education, livelihood and some spectacular scenery. Since it has been the capital of Scotland for so long, it comes as no surprise that Edinburgh is an important cultural and historical centre of the region. Here, you will find beautifully preserved historical sites, castles, cathedrals and buildings of importance. Whether you are interested in exploring the cultural side of Edinburgh or the natural side of it, you will find plenty to do here. You only have to travel a few minutes outside the city to enjoy enchanting natural vistas and unparalleled beauty!
Although this expansive city is on the frontlines in every respect, we would be focusing on the educational aspect of it. Edinburgh has been a magnet for people seeking quality education for many centuries now. It has been the alma mater for many prominent personalities of the world who have gone on to do great things; people belonging to almost every sector. The University of Edinburgh plays a considerable role in earning Edinburgh its reputation in education.
The University of Edinburgh was founded in the year 1582 and is considered the sixth-oldest university in the United Kingdom and the English-speaking world. Since it has been around for so long, some of the buildings of the university have become places of great tourist interest. The university has five campuses spread throughout the city, including the oldest parts of the historic quarter. Therefore, if you are a prospective student at the uni, you must start looking for University of Edinburgh student accommodation as soon as you have an offer letter in hand. Just like all the major universities, University of Edinburgh accommodation does get filled up very fast, at least the good ones.
Depending on which campus you are going to be attending, you can start looking for student accommodation in the area. Irrespective of which campus you choose, you will always get plenty of options for student accommodation near the University of Edinburgh. These student accommodations are usually built specifically for students, keeping their lifestyle in mind. These can include student halls, student hostels and dormitories which sometimes come with timely maintenance and full security. If you decide to share, you can always get a good deal where you can still live at a reasonable distance from the university without having to pay a huge sum as your rent.
On the other hand, if you do not want to share your living space and would rather live away from the university in relative peace and quiet, then you can look at another set of University of Edinburgh student accommodation. These can include studio apartments, entire houses that you can rent with a group of friends or choose to live in with a local family. These options are usually preferred by mature students who are pursuing their master’s degrees, PhDs, etc.
The trick to finding the most suitable University of Edinburgh accommodation is beginning your search as soon as you have an offer letter in hand. When you start early, you get a bigger pool of accommodations to choose from and the chances of getting something under your budget that still ticks all the boxes is higher. If you are concerned about your visa or the fact that your offer letter is conditional, do not let these hinder your search. A good accommodation provider will offer you a full refund in case your visa or your offer letter does not come through. And as far as UK study visas are concerned, they have a 90% acceptance rate and the remainder 10% is largely due to wrong documentation that can be fixed through an appeal.
Now, onwards to the right University of Edinburgh student accommodation; before you finalise anything do make sure that you are satisfied with different aspects of the accommodation like safety, psychological security, accessibility and location. Only once you are satisfied with all the above do you move on to the factors like the monthly rent, type of accommodation and other factors. These are not only desirable but crucial and can have a significant impact on the type of lifestyle you lead during your university years.
If you are feeling overwhelmed or confused with all the options, you can always take the help of an accommodation partner. We, at Best Student Hall, offer this very partnership at zero costs! To know more about all our services, reach out to us at Best Student Halls.