Tenancy Cancellation and Amendments Terms & Conditions :
Standard Terms and Conditions
1. All requests to cancel/replace tenancy must be received in writing with supporting evidence to the onsite teams no less than 14 days before the tenancy start date.
2. Applications will only be considered where the tenancy agreement has been signed by the tenant and guarantor (where applicable).
3. Replacement tenants must meet our standard criteria and may be refused
4. Subletting your room is prohibited.
5. All offers are subject to availability, are not obliged to release you from your tenancy.
6. Any decision made by the property provider is final and is not subject to appeal.
7. You cannot live on the property until the tenancy start date.
8. If you have signed a joint tenancy agreement, your co-tenant must also agree to the cancellation/amendment of the tenancy.
9. Any cashback or incentives will be cancelled with your tenancy, you will not be entitled to any full or part payout of these offers.
10. New or Replacements tenancies must be signed within 7 days of issue.
11. You will be required to repay any cashback that has been paid if you cancel or change your booking, this will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
12. A £50 administration charge will apply (7 day cooling off period & Special circumstances exempt).
13. All outstanding balances must be paid in full before you can be released from the tenancy.
14. If your request to cancel/amend is not approved, you will remain liable for the full tenancy agreement.
15. You will remain liable for the whole tenancy if you fail to inform us of your need to cancel after the tenancy start date.
16. Deposit refunds due will be refunded, minus deductions, no more than 30 days from the end of your tenancy.
17. The installment due dates will remain unchanged.
18. All tenancies start on a Saturday unless stated otherwise on your tenancy agreement.
19. Standard cancellation policy will apply for requests received after the tenancy start date.
20. Normal check-out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will need to be paid prior to your move.
21. Reserves the right to amend or remove this offer without prior notice.
In addition to our standard terms and conditions, the following apply
Cancel booking during ‘Cooling-Off Period’
1. If you cancel within the 7-day cooling-off period, we will not charge you and will return your deposit to you within 30 days of cancellation.
2. Once you receive confirmation you will no longer be liable for the contractual obligations set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Cancel Booking After 7-Day cooling off period
1. If the replacement tenant is after your tenancy start date, we will release you from your obligations from the start date of the new tenancy.
2. You will be liable for any rent due, from your tenancy start date up to the new tenancy start date.
3. Your co-tenant must also meet the cancellation criteria and sign a new agreement within 7 days of your request to cancel or you will both be liable for the tenancy obligations.
4. If you fail to arrange a suitable replacement tenant, you will remain liable for the full agreement.
5. If you have occupied the room prior to the new tenant, a normal check-out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will be retained from your deposit.
6. If your request to cancel is approved before your check-in date with no supporting evidence or replacement tenant your full deposit will be withheld. Notice to cancel must be received in writing at least 7 days prior to your tenancy start date.
1. If you fail to obtain the required grades you are required to Email the onsite team within 72 hours of you receiving your notification, including your UCAS notification confirming your grades.
2. If your UK Visa Application is denied you are required to Email the onsite team within 72 hours of you receiving your Visa notification, including your Visa refusal documentation.
3. Deposit will be refunded, and booking cancelled providing your request and evidence is received within a specified timescale.
4. Deposits will be retained in full if, you fail to provide suitable evidence within the specified timescales.
1. Supporting evidence must be in the form of an official government email or statement.
Tenancy Release – Special circumstances
1. Each request made under special circumstances will be reviewed on an individual case.
2. The request must be made by the tenant unless they are incapacitated in which case an application can be made by a parent/guardian or a person holding a recognised Power of Attorney.
3. Requests will not be considered if the account is in arrears, unless in extenuating circumstances detailed in our policy.
1. Any additional rent due for the semester must be paid in full before the move is completed. Your account will be adjusted to the new amount owed for future payments.
2. All room moves are subject to rent accounts being fully up to date.