27 Magdalen Street
The space you live in helps to shape your student experience. So that’s exactly what we aim to give you. Space. Our Colchester home has been carefully designed to be stylish, comfy and sociable. With none of the hassle that can turn a good day, bad. And all the benefits of a vibrant city location. Freedom never felt so good.
Situated in the center of town, 27 Magdalen Street is the perfect choice for students in Colchester. The University of Essex Colchester Campus and Colchester Institute are a short distance away, and all of the town’s popular bars, shops, and entertainment venues are all within walking distance. Fancy staying in? Sit back, relax and catch up with your friends in our very own on-site social spaces.
Britain’s first city and the former capital of Roman Britain, Colchester is a historic town in Essex. It may be historic, but it keeps up with the times. 21st Century Colchester is a thriving, modern town popular with students at the University of Essex. Whatever your taste or budget, there’s plenty to see and do in Colchester and the surrounding area.
Top five things for students to do in Colchester.
No. 1 Release your wild side at Colchester Zoo
No. 2 Take time out from the bustle of student life at Castle Park
No. 3 Take a chance on something unusual at Colchester Arts Centre
No. 4 Discover Colchester’s history with an expert guide on a walking tour
No. 5 Sample the delights at the Colchester Real Ale & Cider Festival
A 13.3m2 room features a 3/4 bed, wardrobe, ample storage space, studying area with bookshelves, and a shared fully-fitted kitchen with living area and TV.
A 13.9m2 room features a 3/4 bed, wardrobe, ample storage space, studying area with bookshelves, and a shared fully-fitted kitchen with living area and TV.
A 14.7m2 room features a 3/4 bed, wardrobe, ample storage space, studying area with bookshelves, and a shared fully-fitted kitchen with living area and TV.
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.
Our Guarantee to all International Students .
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Booking Information for 2020/21
We fully understand that there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 at the moment and possible consequent travel restrictions. If you book a room for September 2020 today, but are then disallowed from travelling to the UK due to the relevant Government travel restrictions, exclusively as a result of Covid-19 and therefore no longer require the room, you will be released from your booking – see below Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
• This guarantee is open to all international students applying for higher education in the UK for the 2020/21 academic year.
• If an applicant is disallowed from travelling to the UK exclusively as a result of Covid19, they need to provide evidence from either the UK Government or from the Government where you live confirming this advice (in English). This must be provided to the Host no later than 1st August 2020.
• On production of the relevant Government confirmation (in English), the applicant's booking will be cancelled in full, with a full refund of any 2020/21 rental payments made.
• All applicants wishing to take up this option need to contact the accommodation where they placed their booking directly in order to activate this Guarantee.
• Any applicants who do not provide evidence by the dates outlined above, will be held to their tenancy agreement and will be liable for all contractual charges.
• Email confirmation will be sent to all students that are accepted onto this guarantee once they have paid advance rent and confirmed their guarantor details where applicable.
• Please note in the case of dual occupancy both parties must be eligible for this guarantee in order for it to apply.
• Please note that if you cancel the room and rebook, the room may not be available, and the price may be revised in August and September 2020.
• These terms and conditions are correct as at 25th March 2020 but property provider reserves the right to change them or remove this guarantee at any time without prior notice.