The Foundry's great location means that you are never far away from a great night out or a cool shopping experience. But for hanging about at home, The foundry has plenty to offer residents. Challenge your friends to to a game of pool or get a workout in the onsite fitness suite. For movie buffs there's our onsite cinema room. The Foundry has all the modern requirements of student living from the practical laundry to smart TVs.
The Foundry enjoys a great location. Only a short stroll from Leeds Universities and from the city centre.
University of Leeds 12 min walk
Leeds Beckett University 10 min walk
Leeds City Centre 11 min walk
Nestled in the heart of Leeds, The Foundry is the perfect place to be if you’re a student. The University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett University and many of the colleges in the city, are just a short stroll away. And for those big nights out, top clubs, bars and restaurants can be found right on your doorstep. Step inside, and The Foundry has everything you need for the best student experience. You can challenge your friends to a game of pool in the games area. Build up an appetite in the onsite gym. Or sit back and enjoy a movie at the in-house cinema.
The Foundry, Leeds, LS3 IBN
The Standard Ensuite offers a great balance of price and value. More than this, it's a home away from home and offers everything you need to support your student lifestyle.
The 13m2 room with it's ensuite shower room & toilet, includes a double bed and desk for studying. There is plenty of space for your belongings in the shelving unit, wardrobe and above the bed shelving and under the bed storage We also provide a full length mirror and pin board and white board so you can keep organised and personalise your room.
On the gadget side, your room comes with TV point and internet port, USB charging and 200Mb Wi-fi.
The shared kitchen and living space includes microwave, oven/hob, dishwasher, toaster & kettle. There is also a dining area for eating with flatmates or having friends over. A comfy seating area allows you to relax and watch the 42"TV or chill.
Our Standard Plus Ensuites offer more space at 15 - 16m2 . These rooms are loved by students who want a little bit more space but on a budget friendly price. The rooms are well-appointed with plenty of room for studying, sleeping and chilling. There's also a full length mirror and pin board and white boards to personalise your room and keep you on track.
There is ample storage for all of your belongings in shelving, wardrobe and under the bed. The ensuite shower room provides privacy with modern design. TV and Internet points and USB charging provide everything you need for your electronics.
The shared space includes all mod cons kitchen, a large dining area and a very comfortable seating area for watching the 42" TV.
At a whopping 18m2, The Premium Ensuite adds a bit of luxury to student accommodation. These rooms enjoy all the benefits of our en suite rooms, with added spaciousness.
This room includes TV and Internet points for your gadgets and 200 Mb Wi-Fi. There is great storage capacity in this room types with under the bed storage, wardrobe and shelving units. The modern ensuite shower room provides privacy.
The shared space is large and has everything needed to support nights in and chilling with your flatmates. A fully modern kitchen includes microwave, cooker, fridge freezer and a dishwasher. The dining area means you can sit and eat with friends or grab some cornflakes for your breakfast in comfort. The shared seating area includes a 42" TV and lots of comfy seats for catching up with box sets.
Our standard Studios are larger than most on the market at 27m2. They offer everything you need for self contained living. These are particularly popular with students who want to have their own privacy for focusing on their studies.
The studio includes a double bed, desk area with plenty of storage in shelving, wardrobe and under bed storage. A TV point, USB charging point, internet port, 32" Smart TV and 200Mb wi-fi, all your digital needs are catered for.
The kitchenette is fully fitted with hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and kettle.There is a comfy seating area, dining table and chairs for relaxing and eating.
At 30m2, our Standard Plus Studio provide very comfortable self-contained student living. These studios have everything required for the modern student lifestyle within a spacious environment.
With 200Mb wi-fi, 32" Smart TV, TV & Internet port and USB charging - we cater for all your digital needs. The studio has a sleeping, studying, relaxing and kitchenette zones.
A double bed, desk and chair and plenty of storage in shelving, wardrobes and underbed storage means there is lots of room for your belongings.
The kitchenette is fully equipped with microwave, oven/hob, dishwasher, toaster & kettle. There is a dining table and chairs for eating and a comfy seating area for relaxing
Our Premium Studios are the ultimate in student self-contained accommodation. With between 34-43m2, they offer top of the market spaciousness.
Living in these studios provides residents with privacy in a relaxed and calm atmosphere. Well appointed, there is room for all your belongings in shelving, wardrobe and underbed storage. A double bed and study desk & chair provides space for sleeping and studying but there is also plenty of room for a fully fitted kitchenette and a seating and dining table.
The kitchenette has oven/hob, microwave, dishwasher , toaster & kettle; everything you need to rustle up meals. We also provide a 32" Smart TV when you want a break from the books and a comfy seating area to relax on. With 200Mb wi-fi and in internet and USB charging port your digital needs are catered for
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.
Tenancy Cancellation and Amendments Terms & Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions
1. All requests to cancel/replace tenancy must be received in writing with supporting evidence to the onsite teams no less than 14 days before the tenancy start date.
2. Applications will only be considered where the tenancy agreement has been signed by tenant and guarantor (where applicable).
3. Replacement tenants must meet our standard criteria and may be refused
4. Subletting your room is prohibited.
5. All offers are subject to availability, are not obliged to release you from your tenancy.
6. Any decision made by property provider is final and is not subject to appeal.
7. You cannot live on the property until the tenancy start date.
8. If you have signed a joint tenancy agreement, your co-tenant must also agree to the cancellation/amendment of the tenancy.
9. Any cashback or incentives will be cancelled with your tenancy, you will not be entitled to any full or part payout of these offers.
10. New or Replacements tenancies must be signed within 7 days of issue.
11. You will be required to repay any cashback that has been paid if you cancel or change your booking, this will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
12. A £50 administration charge will apply (7 day cooling off period & Special circumstances exempt).
13. All outstanding balances must be paid in full before you can be released from the tenancy.
14. If your request to cancel / amend is not approved, you will remain liable for the full tenancy agreement.
15. You will remain liable for the whole tenancy if you fail to inform us of your need to cancel after the tenancy start date.
16. Deposit refunds due will be refunded, minus deductions, no more than 30 days from the end of your tenancy.
17. The instalment due dates will remain unchanged.
18. All tenancies start on a Saturday unless stated otherwise on your tenancy agreement.
19. Standard cancellation policy will apply for requests received after the tenancy start date.
20. Normal check out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will need to be paid prior to your move.
21. Reserves the right to amend or remove this offer without prior notice.
In addition to our standard terms and conditions the following apply
Cancel booking during ‘Cooling Off Period’
1. If you cancel within the 7-day cooling off period, we will not charge you and will return your deposit to you within 30 days of cancellation.
2. Once you receive confirmation you will no longer be liable for the contractual obligations set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Cancel Booking After 7-Day cooling off period
1. If the replacement tenant is after your tenancy start date, we will release you from your obligations from the start date of the new tenancy.
2. You will be liable for any rent due, from your tenancy start date up to the new tenancy start date.
3. Your co-tenant must also meet the cancellation criteria and sign a new agreement within 7 days of your request to cancel or you will both be liable for the tenancy obligations.
4. If you fail to arrange a suitable replacement tenant, you will remain liable for the full agreement.
5. If you have occupied the room prior to the new tenant, normal check out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will be retained from your deposit.
6. If your request to cancel is approved before your check in date with no supporting evidence or replacement tenant your full deposit will be withheld. Notice to cancel must be received in writing at least 7 days prior to your tenancy start date.
1. If you fail to obtain the required grades you are required to Email the onsite team within 72 hours of you receiving your notification, including your UCAS notification confirming your grades.
2. If your UK Visa Application is denied you are required to Email the onsite team within 72 hours of you receiving your Visa notification, including your Visa refusal documentation.
3. Deposit will be refunded, and booking cancelled providing your request and evidence is received within specified timescale.
4. Deposits will be retained in full if, you fail to provide suitable evidence within the specified timescales.
1. The deferral offer applies to new and existing customers who booked directly with Abodus Student Living and have signed their original tenancy agreement for the 2020/21 academic year on or before the 28th August 2020.
2. Once agreed, we will amend the new tenancy start date without penalties or additional costs, if your University or HEI has delayed your course learning start date due to COVID-19. Standard T&Cs apply for late payments.
3. To be eligible for this offer your tenancy agreement must be for 44 weeks, and check in no later than 31st October 2020.
4. Your learning date must be deferred by your University or HEI by at least 4 weeks due to COVID-19.
5. This offer does not apply to courses that initially start online.
6. The deferral offer is not available for every site.
7. The full term of your agreement will run, no refund will be due for any unused term of your tenancy.
8. To be eligible for this offer you must complete the web application form by the 20th August 2020, this form will be made available on our student portal from the 10th August 2020.
9. Once verified we will issue you a new tenancy agreement, this must be signed by tenant and guarantor (if applicable) within 72 hours of issue.
10. Applications received after midnight on the 20th August 2020 will not be considered for deferral.
11. Any tenancy approved for deferral will not be eligible for 14-day free self-isolate offer
12. Cashback payments for Liverpool and PGSV will be deferred and paid by the end of January 2021, additional cashback terms apply.
1. Supporting evidence must be in the form of an official government email or statement.
Tenancy Release – Special circumstances
1. Each request made under special circumstances will be reviewed on an individual case.
2. The request must be made by the tenant unless they are incapacitated in which case an application can be made by a parent/guardian or a person holding a recognised Power of Attorney.
3. Requests will not be considered if the account is in arrears, unless in extenuating circumstances detailed in our policy.
1. Any additional rent due for the semester must be paid in full before the move is completed. Your account will be adjusted to the new amount owed for future payments.
2. All room moves are subject to rent accounts being fully up to date.