Ten Things You Should Know Before Moving Into Student Accommodation
Moving into your student accommodation is a fun and exciting time in your life. To help you along the way, here are the top 10 things students wish they knew before moving into student accommodation.
1. DO NOT tell people you meet "Oh I recognise you from the Facebook Group!"
2. DO take a dressing gown, in case the fire alarm goes off when you're showering.
3. DO NOT wet your bed twice - you can only flip the mattress once.
4. DO NOT leave your door open and your Facebook logged on - Auntie Josephine doesn't want to hear about your new vajazzle or array of sex toys.
5. DO NOT leave anything worth eating in the fridge! Especially if you're flatmates are looking for post night out snacks.
6. If you're going to do something against the rules, DO NOT post it on Instagram and tag the halls/the location - they can see your pet rabbit and they will confiscate it, who knows what will happen to Flopsy.
7. DO NOT be that guy who invites everyone to the night out you promote for every week. And if you're going to do it, make sure no one catches you putting those leaflets under their door.
8. DO NOT keep your alcohol in a communal area - your red square vodka will disappear when the girl two doors down runs out of drink in a pre-drinks game of 'Never Have I Ever'.
9. DO be open-minded when the SHAG (Sexual Health and Guidance) people knock on your door - you may want to take that test.
10. DO NOT invite your parents round to see your place - Unless you want your flatmate to tease you about having a MILF or tell your Dad how many times you've had beans on toast in the last week. Just don't.