Union Square is home to 233 UK and international students every year. Ideally located in the student quarter of Ouseburn, you'll be able to have a lie-in as you'll be close to your university.
Whether it’s the city’s friendly vibe or exciting student atmosphere there’s a good reason that students from across the globe flock to Newcastle. Art, history, music and a buzzing nightlife are never in short supply here, while the charming, welcoming feel has everyone feeling like a local in no time.
Union Square is a student home tailor-made for work and play. Choose from spacious studios or one of our 4 to 6 person apartments and you’ll have access to a new 24-hour gym, a cinema, Wi-Fi and bike storage and other features.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy :
1. Flexible start dates. Arrive late, up until 90 days :
* Reserve your room care-free. We’ve got you covered. If you are unable to start your stay due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in the UK or your home country, you will not be charged for your unused room. The ‘free late arrival’ period (max. 90 days) will begin on your contract start date and will continue up until the date the relevant lockdown
restrictions has been lifted or your University opens the course on campus.
* Students affected by Covid-19 restrictions will be able to take advantage of this policy, if you are either:
a. not allowed to leave your home country due to your home country government travel restrictions;
b. unable to enter the UK due to UK travel restrictions;
c. have a postponed Semester 1 course start date;
d. or your University switched to 100% e-learning for Semester 1.
2. Arriving after 90 days? We’re here for you.
* If you are unable to start your stay any later than 90 days following your contract start date, you will not be charged for the first 90 days of your licence agreement. However, the original terms of your licence agreement will resume on the 91st day which means you will need to pay for your stay from that day onwards.
* We understand this crisis has impacted many of you financially and we remain committed to supporting our students as much as we can during this time. Therefore, if you are affected by the 90+ days policy, you do have the option to find a replacement to take over your licence agreement. For any students facing financial hardship, we are here to listen and we will do everything we can to try and help. Please contact our team, they will carefully review each situation on a case by case basis.
3. No place or visa? Don’t Pay!
a. Has your course changed to online learning for semester 1, 2, 3 or maybe even all 3?
b. Has your course been cancelled?
c. Have you not been able to get a visa?
d. Or perhaps didn’t get into Uni?
Not to worry, you will not be liable for any charges against your licence fees.
To be eligible for this policy you need to inform us in writing by the 17th August 2020 latest.
4. We match your new course date to your contract start date
* If your course is postponed from its official 20/21 start date, we will happily align the start date of your licence agreement with the new start date of your Uni course. All we need is written confirmation from yourself and an official notice from the University. Please note that this date is non-negotiable.
Union Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1AN
Our Classic Ensuite Apartments allow you to live with your friends or enjoying your own private bedroom & ensuite bathroom. Each apartment accommodates 4 to 6 people and includes a shared kitchen and living area. Each bedroom is 13.4 square metres in size and includes an ensuite bathroom.
Classic Studios include all of your home comforts such as a small double bed, storage space and a desk area. The Classic Studios come fully equipped with an ensuite bathroom & a fully functioning kitchenette giving you a great balance of space to study hard and relax.
Our Premium Ensuite Apartments accommodate 4 to 6 people and include a shared kitchen and living area. Each bedroom is 13.4 square metres in size, has a private balcony and includes an ensuite bathroom.
Our Premium Studios are 16.2 square metres in size and include a private balcony. Every studio comes all of your home comforts such as a small double bed, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
Located on the 7th floor, each studio is 17.5 square metres in size. Deluxe Studios come fully-furnished with a bed, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave plus your own private balcony.
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.