Whether it’s the city’s friendly vibe or exciting student atmosphere there’s a good reason that students from across the globe flock to Newcastle. Art, history, music and a buzzing nightlife are never in short supply here, while the charming, welcoming feel has everyone feeling like a local in no time.
Stepney Yard offers a boutique feel that is home to 266 students every year. Located in the heart of Newcastle’s cultural hub and just minutes from both of the city’s university campuses, this is the ideal location for you to create your student memories. Enjoy all that accommodation has including social spaces, cinema room, 200Mbps wifi and beautifully designed mezzanine studios and ensuite apartments that have that cosy yet modern feel.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy :
1. Flexible start dates. Arrive late, up until 90 days :
* Reserve your room care-free. We’ve got you covered. If you are unable to start your stay due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in the UK or your home country, you will not be charged for your unused room. The ‘free late arrival’ period (max. 90 days) will begin on your contract start date and will continue up until the date the relevant lockdown
restrictions has been lifted or your University opens the course on campus.
* Students affected by Covid-19 restrictions will be able to take advantage of this policy, if you are either:
a. not allowed to leave your home country due to your home country government travel restrictions;
b. unable to enter the UK due to UK travel restrictions;
c. have a postponed Semester 1 course start date;
d. or your University switched to 100% e-learning for Semester 1.
2. Arriving after 90 days? We’re here for you.
* If you are unable to start your stay any later than 90 days following your contract start date, you will not be charged for the first 90 days of your licence agreement. However, the original terms of your licence agreement will resume on the 91st day which means you will need to pay for your stay from that day onwards.
* We understand this crisis has impacted many of you financially and we remain committed to supporting our students as much as we can during this time. Therefore, if you are affected by the 90+ days policy, you do have the option to find a replacement to take over your licence agreement. For any students facing financial hardship, we are here to listen and we will do everything we can to try and help. Please contact our team, they will carefully review each situation on a case by case basis.
3. No place or visa? Don’t Pay!
a. Has your course changed to online learning for semester 1, 2, 3 or maybe even all 3?
b. Has your course been cancelled?
c. Have you not been able to get a visa?
d. Or perhaps didn’t get into Uni?
Not to worry, you will not be liable for any charges against your licence fees.
To be eligible for this policy you need to inform us in writing by the 17th August 2020 latest.
4. We match your new course date to your contract start date
* If your course is postponed from its official 20/21 start date, we will happily align the start date of your licence agreement with the new start date of your Uni course. All we need is written confirmation from yourself and an official notice from the University. Please note that this date is non-negotiable.
Ouseburn has a creative urban vibe unlike anywhere else in the city and there is nowhere better to enjoy a live band or enjoy a refreshing drink on a summers day. It's not only a great place to live but is only minutes from Newcastle and Northumbria Universities.
Stepney Yard, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TZ
Classic Ensuite Apartments allow you to live with your friends or enjoying your own private bedroom & ensuite bathroom. Classic Ensuite Apartments accommodate between 4-7 people with access to a shared terrace, shared kitchen and living area; giving you the perfect balance of space to study hard, socialise & relax.
Premium Ensuite Apartments are 10.7 square metres in size and include an ensuite bathroom and Juliet style balcony. Each Apartment accommodates 4 to 7 people and includes a shared kitchen and living area.
Deluxe Ensuite Apartments are 10.7 square meters in size and include an ensuite-bathroom and private balcony. Each apartment accommodates 4 to 7 people and includes a shared kitchen and living area.
Mezzanine Studios are a two storied studio room including all of your home comforts including a compact double bed with under-bed storage, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge/freezer and combination microwave oven.
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.