St James residence is an all-in-one study spot and social hub. Complete with an indoor and outdoor gym, 24-hour manned security and a packed social calendar that’s sure to keep you busy.
Glasgow University-bound or attending the School of Arts, St James is perfectly located wherever you’ll be studying. With work and play always on the cards here, St James is all about community, whether you’re studying or heading out with your mates.
We offer the best we can from an indoor & outdoor gym, 24-hour security, excellent wifi to plenty of social spaces. Get to know St James better and take a look at a full list of the facilities.
3-minute walk from Strathclyde University.
11 minutes from the city centre.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy :
1. Flexible start dates. Arrive late, up until 90 days :
* Reserve your room care-free. We’ve got you covered. If you are unable to start your stay due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in the UK or your home country, you will not be charged for your unused room. The ‘free late arrival’ period (max. 90 days) will begin on your contract start date and will continue up until the date the relevant lockdown
restrictions has been lifted or your University opens the course on campus.
* Students affected by Covid-19 restrictions will be able to take advantage of this policy, if you are either:
a. not allowed to leave your home country due to your home country government travel restrictions;
b. unable to enter the UK due to UK travel restrictions;
c. have a postponed Semester 1 course start date;
d. or your University switched to 100% e-learning for Semester 1.
2. Arriving after 90 days? We’re here for you.
* If you are unable to start your stay any later than 90 days following your contract start date, you will not be charged for the first 90 days of your licence agreement. However, the original terms of your licence agreement will resume on the 91st day which means you will need to pay for your stay from that day onwards.
* We understand this crisis has impacted many of you financially and we remain committed to supporting our students as much as we can during this time. Therefore, if you are affected by the 90+ days policy, you do have the option to find a replacement to take over your licence agreement. For any students facing financial hardship, we are here to listen and we will do everything we can to try and help. Please contact our team, they will carefully review each situation on a case by case basis.
3. No place or visa? Don’t Pay!
a. Has your course changed to online learning for semester 1, 2, 3 or maybe even all 3?
b. Has your course been cancelled?
c. Have you not been able to get a visa?
d. Or perhaps didn’t get into Uni?
Not to worry, you will not be liable for any charges against your licence fees.
To be eligible for this policy you need to inform us in writing by the 17th August 2020 latest.
4. We match your new course date to your contract start date
* If your course is postponed from its official 20/21 start date, we will happily align the start date of your licence agreement with the new start date of your Uni course. All we need is written confirmation from yourself and an official notice from the University. Please note that this date is non-negotiable.
St. James House, Glasgow, G4 0PS
Classic Ensuite Apartments allow you to live with your friends or enjoy your own private bedroom & ensuite bathroom. You will also have access to the shared kitchen & living area, giving you the perfect balance of space to relax & study.
We think you’ll enjoy the views from our Premium Ensuites as they’re located on the 7th and 8th floors. Each ensuite gives you great views of Glasgow, plus the right amount of privacy in a 7 people apartment with a shared kitchen and lounge area. The ensuites come with a compact double bed, under bed storage and wardrobe, desk & chair and ensuite bathroom.
Classic Studios include all of your home comforts such as a compact double bed with under-bed storage, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge and combination microwave oven.
Deluxe Ensuite Apartments allow you to live with others and still enjoy your own private bedroom & ensuite bathroom. The Deluxe Ensuite Apartment accommodates 7 people and includes a bed, in-room storage space & a desk area. You will also have access to the shared kitchen & living area. Our Deluxe Ensuites are our biggest yet at 25 square metres
Superior Ensuite Apartments allow you to live with your friends or enjoying your own private bedroom & ensuite. Our Superior Ensuites are our biggest yet at 25 square metres and are located on our 7th & 8th floors - perfect for beautiful views of Glasgow.
Premium Studios are located on the 1st-6th floors of Nido St James. Studio fully equipped with compact double bed with under-bed storage, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge and combination microwave oven.
Deluxe Studios come fully-furnished and include a compact double bed with under-bed storage, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge and combination microwave oven. Deluxe Studios are 20 square metres size.
Our Superior Studios are 25 square metres in size and sit on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th floors of Nido St James. These studios come with a compact double bed with under-bed storage, closet, desk & chair, ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and toilet plus kitchenette with storage, hob, fridge and combination microwave oven.
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.