Boyce House is newest student residence in Glasgow. Perfectly located just a 4-minute walk from Glasgow Caledonian University and a 10-minute walk to the University of Strathclyde, it’s super easy to get to lectures.
All rooms are designed for student life and come fully furnished. Choose from an ensuite room in a shared apartment or a studio room complete with kitchenette, all to yourself. Whichever you go for, make the most of student life in Glasgow with our packed events calendar and social spaces. Our large common room is perfect for relaxing with friends after a full day of lectures. Equipped with a pool table, flat screen TV and plenty of comfy seating, it’s easy for you to meet your new neighbours in the building, watch the big games and beat your mates at pool! There’s also a study room with big desks, comfy chairs and loads of plug sockets to keep you charged up. Plus, the super-fast Wifi is accessible wherever you are in the building.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy :
1. Flexible start dates. Arrive late, up until 90 days :
* Reserve your room care-free. We’ve got you covered. If you are unable to start your stay due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in the UK or your home country, you will not be charged for your unused room. The ‘free late arrival’ period (max. 90 days) will begin on your contract start date and will continue up until the date the relevant lockdown
restrictions has been lifted or your University opens the course on campus.
* Students affected by Covid-19 restrictions will be able to take advantage of this policy, if you are either:
a. not allowed to leave your home country due to your home country government travel restrictions;
b. unable to enter the UK due to UK travel restrictions;
c. have a postponed Semester 1 course start date;
d. or your University switched to 100% e-learning for Semester 1.
2. Arriving after 90 days? We’re here for you.
* If you are unable to start your stay any later than 90 days following your contract start date, you will not be charged for the first 90 days of your licence agreement. However, the original terms of your licence agreement will resume on the 91st day which means you will need to pay for your stay from that day onwards.
* We understand this crisis has impacted many of you financially and we remain committed to supporting our students as much as we can during this time. Therefore, if you are affected by the 90+ days policy, you do have the option to find a replacement to take over your licence agreement. For any students facing financial hardship, we are here to listen and we will do everything we can to try and help. Please contact our team, they will carefully review each situation on a case by case basis.
3. No place or visa? Don’t Pay!
a. Has your course changed to online learning for semester 1, 2, 3 or maybe even all 3?
b. Has your course been cancelled?
c. Have you not been able to get a visa?
d. Or perhaps didn’t get into Uni?
Not to worry, you will not be liable for any charges against your licence fees.
To be eligible for this policy you need to inform us in writing by the 17th August 2020 latest.
4. We match your new course date to your contract start date
* If your course is postponed from its official 20/21 start date, we will happily align the start date of your licence agreement with the new start date of your Uni course. All we need is written confirmation from yourself and an official notice from the University. Please note that this date is non-negotiable.
47 Kyle Street, Glasgow, G4 0JQ
Our Standard Ensuite rooms are perfect for those looking for a modern, cost effective space on the 1st floor of Boyce House. Each Standard Ensuite bedroom is 13 square metres and includes a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk and chair, and private bathroom. Select from Standard Ensuite rooms within 4, 6 or 7-person apartments.
Classic Ensuite rooms are a popular choice for second year students looking to live with friends. Enjoy your own private bedroom and bathroom while sharing a living room and kitchen with 5, 8 or 9 friends. Our Classic Ensuite Apartments can be found on 6 floors, meaning you can enjoy stunning views of Glasgow or be closer to the ground – your first group decision of many.
Classic Plus Ensuite rooms give you the same ‘classic’ layout and space but with better views of the city from the 8th and 9th floors. Live with 4 or 5 friends while still enjoying the comforts of your own private bedroom and bathroom. With only 3 Classic Plus Ensuite Apartments available, they tend to get snapped-up quickly.
Premium Ensuite rooms give you more bedroom space (13 to 14 square metres to be exact) while still being able to enjoy the social atmosphere of a shared living room and kitchen. Select from a 5 or 9-person apartment and choose your floor, ranging from the 2nd to 7th floor.
If you enjoy great views and a bit of extra bedroom space, then this is the room for you. Premium Plus Ensuite rooms give you that same space as a Premium Ensuite , but you’ll be located on the top two floors of Boyce House. The shared living room and kitchen will allow you to live in style and have the best year yet with 5 friends or classmates.
Our Deluxe Ensuite rooms are perfect for students looking for a larger bedroom for studying and socialising (over 16 square metres in size). Located in our 8-bedroom apartments, these rooms are available on the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7th floors. With just 6 of these rooms available in Boyce House, they’ll get booked very quickly.
Enjoy picturesque views of Glasgow from the 8th and 9th floors in our Deluxe Plus Ensuite rooms. Both Deluxe Ensuite bedrooms are over 16 square metres and include a private bathroom . The shared living room and kitchen allow you to make the most of student life with 5 friends.
Premium Studios give you some extra space, ranging from 19-20 square metres, and can be found on 7 different floors in the residence. Select from the ground to 7th floor. Each Premium Studio comes with a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk & chair, modern kitchenette and ensuite bathroom.
Premium Plus Studio is the same ‘premium’ size but you’ll be based on the top floors of Boyce House - some may even say the ‘penthouse’. With just four Premium Plus Studios in the building, make sure to book in advance before they go.
Classic Studios are perfect for those looking for a cosy space (18 square metres to be precise). They are located on the first 6 floors of the building, meaning you can choose to enjoy stunning views of Glasgow or be closer to the ground, it’s your choice. We make sure each of our studios includes all your home comforts with a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk & chair, kitchenette and ensuite bathroom.
The clue is in the name. Our largest and best rooms are the Superior Ensuite rooms at over 24 square metres in bedroom size. Make yourself at home in your own private bedroom and bathroom while making the most of university life with the shared living room and kitchen. Select from Superior Ensuite Apartments in our 7 or 9-person apartments.
Classic Plus Studios give you the same cosy 18 square metre space but are located on the 8th and 9th floors of Boyce House.You’ll wake-up every morning to brilliant views of the city. Classic Plus Studios come with a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk & chair, modern kitchenette and ensuite bathroom.
Deluxe Studios are perfect for those looking for a larger room without having to break the bank, also a big favourite with our GCU postgraduate students. Enjoy 21-22 square metres of space and select your preferred floor to live on (from floors 2 to 7). Every studio includes all your home comforts such as a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk & chair, modern kitchenette and ensuite bathroom.
Impress your friends and family with the Superior Plus Studio. Not only do you get 26 square metres of space but being situated on the 8 or 9th floors means Instagram worthy views of Glasgow too. Both of our Superior Plus Studios come with a small double bed, wardrobe, study desk & chair, modern kitchenette and ensuite bathroom.
Superior Studios are some of the best and biggest rooms in Boyce House, providing you with over 26 square metres of liveable space. They are ideal for couples looking for a studio together. With just 8 Superior Studios in the building, make sure to book in advance.
Do you need a guarantor?
Without a UK rental guarantor, most landlords and agents will require you to pay the full year's rent upfront. We have partnered with Housing Hand who can provide you with a certificate of rental guarantee.
* Please note that additional charges apply for this service.